Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Show Yourself

Dear World, 
Dear God,

First - thank you.  Thank you for the amazing people in my life; permanent additions and those who weave in and out.  They are such unique gifts and I am blessed with every experience I have with them; whether it be fleeting, a couple hours, a day, or a lifetime.  They show me what is funny, what is love, what is kind, what is pain and what is simply human.  Feeling with them, or because of them, reminds me - I am ALIVE.  Thank you!! 

Second - I am sorry.  I am sorry that it is taking me this long to find... me, and listen to purpose.  However, I know I will always be finding more of 'me' so this may be a dish of continual apology edged with gold of gratefulness. 



Today I met another amazing soul and while it is possible that the meeting may have only left an impression of me jumping up and down in a crowded room of start-ups and shouting, "Guess what?!  I am HERE!!"  The most inspiring take-away, for me, was what I heard through our conversation - I heard loud and clear what I am to do.  What I am to continue to do.

I am to continue to move with my heart.  (Wow!)  That is scary and such a vulnerable thing to do, but... every question that I try to send out with my heart seems to come back with the answer, "Keep with the heart of 'why' and show yourself."

Did you catch that?  It isn't 'be' yourself, it is 'show' yourself.  Yes, yes.  I need to BE myself, but every time I SHOW myself something happens.  People seem to connect and I saw that happen today.

I felt the conversation shift from head to heart.  He got 'it'.  He got 'me' and gave sincere encouragement - write it.  Share it.  Create a platform with your story.

What an incredibly scary thing to do.  World, I will show me because you have amazing people and I will trust that more of those amazing people will dance through my world with love, light, life and laughter.  But God, when I get hit hard - please remind me to keep moving forward with my heart. 

Oh, and God, when people come around who say, "You are 60% of the way and have the courage to keep going..."  Well that doesn't hurt either.  Yet - feel free to add to that 60%!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment